Tapioca Pearls are small, dark brown color and chewy balls that can be added to beverages and desserts. They are made of the starch derived from cassava root. Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Boba has chewy texture inside and outside. Product images may vary due to different packaging design, product remains the same as described.
- Better chewy texture
- Made from cassava root
- 6 month shelf life
UPC Code: 877183000475
Unit Sold By: Case (6 lbs bag / 6 bags per case)
Tapioca Pearls, also known as Tapioca Balls, Boba, or Bubble Balls, are semi-transparent balls made from the cassava root. After cooking, these boba have to soak in sugar syrup to give them the sweetness and prevent them from hardening or sticking. The cooked boba can be stored in syrup for up to 6 hours. Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Boba are perfect for bubble milk tea, flavoring tea, or desserts. These balls are chewy inside and outside.
Tapioca scratch, Water, Starch Acetate, Caramel, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Polyphosphate, Maple Syrup Flavoring
How To Cook Chewy Black Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 16 oz. of Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 4 oz. of Tea Zone Longan Honey
- 16 oz. of Dark Brown Sugar or Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup
- 1. In a 24 qt. sauce pot, add 20 qt. of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Use a lid to reduce the cooking time.
- 2. Switch heat to medium then place Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Pearls (Boba) into the boiling water and stir (approx. 15 seconds) to keep them separated and from clumping.
- 3. Continue to simmer (low heat) for 30 minutes and stir every 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4. When the timer goes off, turn off the heat, place on a cool surface and let it sit an additional 35 minutes while covered.
- 5. Meanwhile, mix Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup with 32 oz hot water and Tea Zone Longan Honey to create the sugar mixture.
- 6. Carefully strain and rinse the boba in a large colander to remove excess starch before soaking in a sugar mixture.
- 7. Let the boba soak for 10 minutes prior to serving, and stir the cooked boba every hour.
*Best used within 6 hours of preparing.