- Buy 10 for $41.80 each and save 5% Buy 50 for $39.60 each and save 10% Buy 100 for $37.40 each and save 15%
Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls are the classic boba and have moderate chewiness and softness. The tapioca balls are translucent spheres made from starch which is extracted from the cassava root.
- Perfect for bubble tea or smoothies
- Soft texture on the outside, chewy on the inside
- Made from the cassava root, jelly-like chewy texture
- Packaging design may differ from the product photo
Unit Sold By: Case, (6 lbs / 6 bags per case)
Boba (or tapioca pearls) originated in Taiwan and are made of the starch derived from cassava root. When prepared perfectly, Tea Zone Original Tapioca Boba becomes sweet, chewy, and translucent with a gummy bear-like texture. Tea Zone Tapioca is available in 1/4" and 1/8". It is also packaged and vacuum sealed, allowing a shelf life of 6 months.
Tapioca scratch, Water, Modified Starch, Potato Starch, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Caramel Color, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Maple Flavour.
Cooking Instruction: Black Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 16 oz. Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 5 qts water
- 1/4 cup Tea Zone Logan Honey
or 1/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
or 1/2 cup Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup
- 3 cups water
- 1. In a large saucepot, add 5 qt. of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2. Place Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls (Boba) into the boiling water and stir to keep them separated and from clumping.
- 3. Cook on a rolling boil for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Then turn off the heat and let it sit for an additional 15 minutes while covered.
- 5. Meanwhile, mix Dark Brown Sugar with 3 cups hot water and Tea Zone Logan Honey to create the sugar mixture.
- 6. Carefully strain and rinse the boba in a large colander to remove excess starch before soaking in a sugar mixture.
- 7. Let the boba soak for 10 minutes prior to serving, and stir the cooked boba every hour.
*Best used within 6 hours of preparing.