Tapioca Pearls are made of the starch derived from cassava root. Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Boba has chewy texture inside and outside.
- Chewy texture inside and outside
- Made from cassava root
- 6 month shelf life
Unit Sold By: Case, (6 lbs / 6 bags per case)
Tapioca Pearls, also known as Tapioca Balls, Boba, or Bubble Balls, are translucent balls made from the cassava root. After cooking, these tapioca balls have to soak in sugar syrup to give them the sweetness and prevent them from hardening or sticking.
Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Boba are perfect for bubble milk tea, flavoring tea, or desserts. These balls are chewy inside and outside.
Tapioca scratch, Water, Starch Acetate, Caramel, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Sodium Polyphosphate, Maple Syrup Flavoring
How To Cook Chewy Black Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 16 oz. Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 5 qts water
- 1/4 cup Tea Zone Longan Honey
or 1/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
or 1/2 cup Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup
- 3 cups Hot Water
- 1. In a large saucepot, add 5 qt. of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Use a lid to reduce the cooking time.
- 2. Put Tea Zone Chewy Tapioca Pearls (Boba) into the boiling water and stir to keep them separated and from clumping.
- 3. Cook on a rolling boil for 15 minutes and stir occasionally.
- 4. Next, turn off the heat and let it sit for an additional 15 minutes while covered.
- 5. Meanwhile, mix Dark Brown Sugar with 3 cups hot water and Tea Zone Longan Honey to create the sugar mixture.
- 6. Carefully strain and rinse the boba in a large colander to remove excess starch before soaking in a sugar mixture.
- 7. Let the boba soak for 10 minutes prior to serving, and stir the cooked boba every hour.
Best used within 6 hours of preparing.
Boba (Tapioca Pearls)
Case (6 lbs bag / 6 bags per case)