Tapioca Pearls are not just in one color. These white balls are also made of the starch derived from cassava root. Tea Zone White Tapioca Pearls have similar chewy texture as regular bubble balls and will be colorless after preparation.
- Semi-transparent after prepared
- Made from cassava root
- Easier to add color
Unit Sold By: Bag (6 lbs)
Tapioca Pearls, aka Boba, Tapioca Balls, or Bubble Balls, are translucent balls made from the cassava root. These white boba balls are colorless after preparation and are easier to add color. The bubble balls usually soak in sugar syrup to give them the sweetness.
Tea Zone White Tapioca Boba is perfect for milk tea, chai latte, ice cream, shaved ice, or desserts. The texture is soft on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Tapioca scratch, Water, Modified Starch, Potato Starch, Potassium Sorbate, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Carboxymethyl Cellulose, Maple Flavour.
How To Cook: White Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 16 oz. of Tea Zone White Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 4 oz. of Tea Zone Fructose
- 16 oz. of White Sugar
- 1. In a 24 qt. sauce pot, add 20 qt. of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Use a lid to reduce the cooking time.
- 2. Switch heat to medium then place Tea Zone White Tapioca Pearls (Boba) into the boiling water and stir (approx. 15 seconds) to keep them separated and from clumping.
- 3. Continue to simmer (low heat) for 30 minutes and stir every 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4. When the timer goes off, turn off the heat, place on a cool surface and let it sit an additional 35 minutes while covered.
- 5. Meanwhile, mix Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup with 32 oz hot water and Tea Zone Logan Honey to create the sugar mixture.
- 6. Carefully strain and rinse the boba in a large colander to remove excess starch before soaking in a sugar mixture.
- 7. Let the boba soak for 10 minutes prior to serving, and stir the cooked boba every hour. Best used within 6 hours of preparing.
*Best used within 6 hours of preparing.