By: Sabrina Huda Sanchez
If you are an Asian sweets lover, you might eat or hear about mochi before. Mochi is a dessert with a chewy and sticky texture. It can be a cake with stuffing inside or coating it with sesame or peanut powder. As mentioned in the previous article “Feast in Autumn”, it is also a dessert that Asian people use to celebrate the Moon Festival. Today, I will share a Chinese version of the mochi recipe.
Black Sesame Mochi Recipe
‧ 1 cup glutinous sweet rice flour
‧ 2 tablespoon tapioca starch
‧ 0.9 cup water
‧ 2 tablespoon oil
‧ ¾ cup Tea Zone Black Sesame Powder
‧ ¼ cup Unrefined Sugar
1. Put all plain mochi ingredients into a microwavable bowl and whisk until smooth.
2.Microwave for 2 minutes.
3. Take it out and fold with a spatula or spoon for 1 minute.
4. Microwave it again for another 1 minute. Take it out and fold it again until smooth
5. Transfer the cooked mochi to parchment paper. Divide mochi dough into proper portions with a knife, let them cool down until warm and are comfortable to the touch.
6. After it cools down, coat with sesame powder and serve immediately.
1. Sesame Mochi : Instead of coating it with sesame powder, you may blend the Tea Zone Sesame Powder to the plain mochi ingredients in STEP 1.
2. Match Mochi : Substitute the sesame powder for Tea Zon Matcha Green Tea Powder & sugar if you’d like to blend the powder into the flour.
Did you try the recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram and use #lollicuprecipe !
YouTube: Lollicup Store