By: Sabrina Huda Sanchez
This year Halloween may look a little different but one activity that will not change is staying in to enjoy a classic horror movie. And as you Netflix and chill, be sure to come to the couch party with delicious Halloween-themed snacks. We used DaVinci Gourmet syrups to take movie popcorn and cocktail recipes to another level.
Check out this Halloween snack and spooky cocktail recipe!
Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn Recipe
Trick or treating loot usually includes the beloved peanut butter cup. The amazing flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate is like a gift from the heavens -- it’s that good (in this writer’s opinion). We are always finding new ways to incorporate these flavors in foods like cakes, ice cream, or cereal. This takes sweet creamy peanut butter cup flavors and combines with salty light popcorn. Our recipe uses DaVinci’s Sugar-Free syrup and dark chocolate to reduce the amount of sugar since you are going to want to eat the whole bowl without any guilt.
‧ 1 dark chocolate bar
‧ ½ oz DaVinci Sugar-Free Peanut Butter Syrup
‧ 1 package of popcorn
1. Prepare popcorn according to package directions.
2. Chop the chocolate bar into tiny pieces and put it into a glass bowl/mug.
3. Microwave chocolate in 30-second increments until melted. 4. Add in the DaVinci Peanut Butter Syrup and mix
5. Drizzle the chocolate mixture over the popcorn and enjoy!
DaVinci Bloody Cocktail
Although you were taught not to play with your food, this cocktail encourages a little fun! You get to squirt “blood” into your drink with a syringe for both a hauntingly gory aesthetic and an added level of sweetness. This beverage can be made with or without alcohol. Grab your vampire's teeth and enjoy this bloody cocktail recipe.
‧ 2 cups raspberries
‧ 2 oz DaVinci Raspberry Syrup
‧ 6 oz orange juice
‧ 3 oz DaVinci Amaretto Syrup
‧ 8 oz Club Soda
‧ Optional: 4 oz vodka
‧ 2 plastic syringes
1. Add raspberries into a blender to create the puree.
2. Strain through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds. 3. Pour DaVinci Raspberry Syrup and puree into a saucepan then cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens. Chill mixture afterward.
4. In a shaker, combine ice, orange juice, and DaVinci Amaretto Syrup and shake for 15 seconds.
5. Pour into a glass then add club soda.
6. Fill the syringes with raspberry puree
7. Squeeze the syringe into the cocktail for a gory delicious treat!
Did you try the recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram and use #lollicuprecipe !
YouTube: Lollicup Store