by : Sabrina Huda Sanchez
Since Quarantine, it seems like everyone has become an amateur baker! Souffles, mousses, cheesecakes and more are being tried and tested in our home kitchens. We put together an easy cheesecake recipe that you can post on your TikTok today.
How to Make Cheesecake
Cheesecake is made up of two components: a crust and a filling.
The classic crust uses graham crackers but using chocolate cookies like Oreos has also become very common. The cookie or cracker base is mashed into crumbs and then bound together with melted butter and the optional granulated sugar. That’s about it! You will smash the mixture in a pie tin and you’re ready for the next step.
The filling usually depends if you’re going to bake the cheesecake or not. A no bake cheesecake has less ingredients and it is mostly cream cheese. The cream cheese will hold its shape of the pie tin after being refrigerated. Once you have your base, you’ll add your flavors which are totally up to you. We use powdered sugar to sweeten things and it’s better for combining and a little lemon juice for a touch of acidity. After that, we picked the fruit that’s in season -- strawberries and we have our cheesecake!
Fruit purees are made from real fruit and are another way to add texture and flavor to your recipes. They can be poured directly onto some ice cream or frozen yogurt as a topping or mixed in with a baked dessert. The uses are only limited by your creativity!
No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe
This is our no bake cheesecake recipe using a strawberry fruit puree. If you are interested in other flavors, check them out here.
1 ¼ cups Graham Crackers
¼ cup granulated sugar
6 Tbsp Melted Butter
8 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
8 oz Cream Cheese (room temperature)
⅔ cup Powdered Sugar
1 Tsp lemon juice
1 cup Fresh Strawberries
For the crust
- Crush graham crackers either in a food processor or by putting graham crackers in a bag and smashing them to tiny crumbles
- Mix in sugar and butter
- Put graham crackers mixture into a pie tin and use the back of a spoon or measuring cup to evenly flatten against the entire inside of the tin
For the filling
- Add cream cheese, powdered sugar, and lemon juice into a mixing bowl and blend with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whip the heavy whipping cream until stiff
- Fold in the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture
- Put the mixture into graham cracker crust
- Drizzle ¼ cup of Strawberry Fruit Puree on top and move a toothpick back and forth across the pie to create a marbling effect
- In a separate bowl, pour the remaining puree over fresh strawberries and mix until evenly coated.
- Pour on top of the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least an hour
Cut and enjoy!
Did you try the recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram and use #lollicuprecipe
YouTube: Lollicup Store