By: Sarah Huda
As the weather changes and flowers begin to bloom, we can transition from the warm and comforting seasonal favorites of Winter to the bright and delectable flavors of Spring. There is a medley of both fruits and vegetables that are prime staples of the season that can bring a burst of color and citrus goodness to our plates. However, there is no need to just have a bowl of fruit or a plain side of vegetables to add Spring flavors to your meal! We have compiled three creative ways to taste the freshness Spring brings that you are sure to be delighted by!
Strawberry Salsa Recipe
While traditionally salsa is known with tomatoes as the star of the dish, there are multiple ways to create your own spin on the classic dish. Fresh seasonal favorite fruits of Spring include strawberries, mangos, pineapples, and lemons. These are incredibly versatile and can create a tasty salsa with zing. Check out this simple strawberry salsa recipe!
‧ 1 pound of fresh strawberries, stem removed
‧ 1 oz Torani Strawberry Puree Blend
‧ 2 mini cucumbers
‧ 3 tablespoons red onion, diced
‧ 2 small jalapenos
‧ 1 tablespoon lime juice
‧ 1 tablespoon olive oil
Cilantro to taste
1. Dice the fresh strawberries and toss in a bowl with the strawberry puree blend.
2. Chop up the other ingredients and add into the bowl with coated strawberries.
3. Add the olive oil, lime juice, and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Toss together and serve over fish, with chips, or on top of tacos.
Mangos can replace strawberries for this dish paired with the Monin Mango Fruit Puree, adding bell peppers for an additional crunch or a pineapple salsa with a pinch of garlic to bring out the fresh flavors.
Raspberry Lime Sorbet Recipe
While frozen treats are associated with summer, bright flavors of Spring pair well with the refreshing treat. The best thing about sorbet is how adaptable it is for the fresh seasonal flavors of Spring. This recipe can be adaptable to pineapple, strawberry, lemon (a sour treat!), mango, and even apricot. Below is a simple recipe for a yummy raspberry lime sorbet!
‧ 2 ½ cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
‧ ½ cup of water
‧ ½ cup DaVinci Sugar Free Raspberry Syrup
‧ 1 tablespoon lime juice
‧ Splash of vanilla
1. Blend the raspberries, syrup and water in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour into a mesh strainer to rid the seeds.
3. Mix in the lime juice and splash of vanilla.
4. Place into the freezer for 1 ½ hours and scrape and mix. Place it back into the freezer until frozen.
To serve, use an ice cream scoop for the perfect shape and garnish with a bright mint leaf.
Flatbread Pizza Recipe
Pizza is a comfort food that works for any meal, any time of the day, and anytime of the year. Yet, you can indulge in pizza without only having pepperoni as your topping. Spring flavors include asparagus, apricots, peas (snap peas as well), spinach, and parsley all create a unique pizza topping! You can even top pizza with arugula for Earthy flavors to the chewy dough – or crispy! Below is an elevated pizza recipe with grilled apricots for a sweet bite into Spring.
‧ 1 Flat bread
‧ 4 thin slices of prosciutto
‧ 1 cup of arugula
‧ 1 large apricot
‧ ¼ cup olive oil
‧ ⅔ cup pecorino cheese, shaved into wide strips with a vegetable peeler
1. Take your flat bread and brush on olive oil.
2. Place dough on direct heat on a grill (or grill pan) and flip to even both sides. Once grilled, place to the side.
3. Slice apricot and place on grill and have char lines on both sides.
4. Top dough with cheese, prosciutto, apricot, and arugula.
Bright colors and flavors of spring can inspire tasty recipes for the season!
Did you try the recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram and use #lollicuprecipe !
YouTube: Lollicup Store