During the holiday season, as we gather with friends and family to share meals, it's often said that a good drink can make a good meal even better. With that in mind, consider trying some of these seasonal cocktails that are perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
If you're looking to balance out the heavy flavors of your Thanksgiving menu, consider serving some light and refreshing drinks alongside your meal. Here are a few drink recipes you might want to try:
- Salted Caramel Martini
Caramel is a fantastic flavor for a Thanksgiving drink, and adding vodka to the mix doesn't hurt either! It's interesting to note that while a classic martini is traditionally made with gin and vermouth, and garnished with an olive, over time, vodka has become a popular substitute for gin in many modern martini recipes. As a result, most of the seasonal martinis you see these days are actually vodka-based. This drink is like having a Starbucks caramel Frappuccino in a cocktail form! It pairs perfectly with a classic Thanksgiving dessert, such as pumpkin pie.
1. Dip the rim of a martini glass in caramel sauce, then coat in a mixture of sea salt and turbinado sugar.
2. In a cocktail shaker, combine ice, caramel vodka, butterscotch schnapps, and Irish cream syrup. Add half and half and shake well for 15 seconds.
3. Drizzle more caramel sauce on the inside of the glass.
4. Strain the martini into the glass.
• 1.5 oz (1 shot) Gin
• 3/4 oz Cranberry Syrup
• 3/4 oz lime juice
1. Combine gin, fresh lime juice, and cranberry syrup in a cocktail shaker with ice.
2. Shake well to mix the ingredients.
3. Strain the mixture into a chilled coupe glass.
4. Garnish with a fresh cranberry.
If you're looking to celebrate the holiday season with some festive drinks at your office Christmas party, we have some great recipes for you to try. These cocktails are sure to get you in the holiday spirit!
- Peppermint White Russian
Peppermint is a classic flavor of the holiday season, and this next recipe is a fun twist on a classic cocktail. Try making a Peppermint White Russian for your next holiday gathering.
• 1 oz Vodka
• 1 oz Coffee liqueur
• 1 oz Peppermint Syrup
• Splash heavy cream
1. Fill a glass with ice, then add the peppermint syrup, peppermint liqueur, vodka, and heavy cream.
2. Stir the ingredients with a candy cane or spoon until well mixed.
3. Use a candy cane as a garnish and serve.
If you prefer a frothy drink, you can also shake the ingredients in a cocktail shaker before pouring them over ice. This festive and delicious cocktail is a cozy night in with friends and family. The combination of peppermint and the creamy texture of the drink will make you feel like you're sipping on a sweet, minty dessert. Plus, the candy cane garnish adds a fun and festive touch to the drink. Enjoy!
- Santa Clausmopolitan
The Santa Clausmopolitan sometimes gets a bad rap as a "girly drink," but there's no reason why everyone shouldn't be able to enjoy this delicious cocktail! In fact, the big guy in red himself would be happy to have a cosmopolitan named after him.
• 2 oz vodka
• 2 oz cranberry juice
• ½ oz triple sec
• ½ oz fresh lime juice
1. In a cocktail shaker, combine vodka, cranberry juice, lime juice, and triple sec with ice.
2. Shake well until the ingredients are mixed and chilled.
3. Strain the mixture into a chilled martini glass.
4. Garnish the drink with fresh cranberries.
These festive holiday drinks are sure to bring extra fun and joy to your next gathering. Whether you're celebrating with coworkers, friends, or family, these cocktails are the perfect way to spread holiday cheer. Enjoy!
Did you try the recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram and use #lollicuprecipe !
YouTube: Lollicup Store