- Classic original black tapioca pearls
- Soft texture on the outside, chewy on the inside
- Made from cassava root
- Perfect for bubble tea or smoothies
- Available in ¼” and 1/8” diameter
- 6 month shelf life
Unit Sold By: Bag (6 lbs)
Black Tapioca Pearls, also known as boba, originated in Taiwan and are made of the starch derived from cassava root. True to the classic boba you love, Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls are soft on the outside and chewy in the inside. When prepared perfectly, boba becomes sweet, chewy, and translucent with a gummy bear-like texture. It's a fantastic addition to any bubble tea or smoothie. Learn more about the popular boba pearls here!
Tea Zone tapioca is packaged and vacuum sealed, allowing a shelf life of 6 months. Packaging design may differ from product photo.
How To Make Black Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 16 oz. of Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 4 oz. of Tea Zone Logan Honey
- 16 oz. of Dark Brown Sugar or Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup
- In a 24 qt. sauce pot, add 20 qt. of water and bring to a boil over high heat. Use a lid to reduce the cooking time.
- Switch heat to medium then place Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls (Boba) into the boiling water and stir (approx. 15 seconds) to keep them separated and from clumping.
- Continue to simmer (low heat) for 30 minutes and stir every 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, turn off the heat, place on a cool surface, and let it sit an additional 35 minutes while covered.
- Meanwhile, mix Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup with 32 oz hot water and Tea Zone Logan Honey to create the sugar mixture.
- Carefully strain and rinse the boba in a large colander to remove excess starch before soaking in a sugar mixture.
- Let the boba soak for 10 minutes prior to serving, and stir the cooked boba every hour.
Best used within 6 hours of preparing.