Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls are the classic boba and have moderate chewiness and softness. The tapioca balls are translucent spheres made from starch which is extracted from the cassava root. Product images may vary due to different packaging design, product remains the same as described.
- Perfect for bubble tea or smoothies
- Soft texture on the outside, chewy on the inside
- Made from the cassava root, jelly-like chewy texture
- Packaging design may differ from the product photo
Unit Sold By: Bag (6 lbs)
Boba (or tapioca pearls) originated in Taiwan and are made of the starch derived from cassava root. When prepared perfectly, Tea Zone Original Tapioca Boba becomes sweet, chewy, and translucent with a gummy bear-like texture. Tea Zone Tapioca is available in 1/4" and 1/8". It is also packaged and vacuum sealed, allowing a shelf life of 6 months.
Tapioca starch, water, modified starch, potato starch, potassium sorbate, xanthan gum, caramel color, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, maple flavor
Cooking Instruction: Black Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 16 oz. Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls (Boba)
- 5 qts water
- 1/4 cup Tea Zone Logan Honey
or 1/8 cup turbinado sugar
- 1/4 cup Dark Brown Sugar
or 1/2 cup Tea Zone Dark Brown Sugar Syrup
- 3 cups water
- 1. In a large saucepot, add 5 qt. of water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 2. Place Tea Zone Original Tapioca Pearls (Boba) into the boiling water and stir to keep them separated and from clumping.
- 3. Cook on a rolling boil for 30 minutes and stir every 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4. When the timer goes off, turn off the heat, place on a cool surface and let it sit an additional 35 minutes while covered.
- 5. Meanwhile, mix Dark Brown Sugar with 3 cups hot water and Tea Zone Logan Honey to create the sugar mixture.
- 6. Carefully strain and rinse the boba in a large colander to remove excess starch before soaking in a sugar mixture.
- 7. Let the boba soak for 10 minutes prior to serving, and stir the cooked boba every hour.
*Best used within 6 hours of preparing.