Attention all chocolatiers, the day has come. Mark those calendars because World Chocolate Day is on July 7th. This is the perfect excuse to spend the day indulging in chocolate-infused treats and trying out mouthwatering recipes. Your taste buds, family and friends will thank you.
When it comes to chocolate, everyone has their own preference for their go-to taste. Maybe it’s the sweet richness of milk chocolate or maybe it’s the less sweet and bitter flavor of dark chocolate. It might even be the more vanilla-like flavoring of white chocolate. No matter what you’re craving, there’s a type for everybody to enjoy and it can be paired with almost anything.
Is Chocolate Bad for You?
There’s a stigma that chocolate is bad for your health, but contrary to belief, it has some beneficial qualities if consumed in moderation. The main ingredient to make chocolate is cocoa and it’s believed to have high levels of antioxidants. Cocoa can also help with lowering cholesterol levels, inhibiting cognitive decrease and lowering the risk of cardiovascular issues. The more cocoa in chocolate, the more health advantages.
Chocolate Milk Tea Boba
Milk tea boba, also known as bubble milk tea, can be found at any boba shop. Incorporating chocolate gives a twist to the classic milk tea. If you’re a chocoholic and a milk tea enthusiast, this is the drink for you. Instead of regular boba, use popping pearls for a burst of chocolate with every sip.
• 4 oz Tea Zone Milk Tea Powder
• 2 tbsp Tea Zone Chocolate Popping Pearls
• 2 oz Tea Zone Non-Dairy Creamer
• 1 oz Tea Zone Fructose or chocolate syrup for extra chocolate flavoring
• 1 cup Tea of choice or water
1. Put tea of choice (or water), milk tea powder, non-dairy creamer, and fructose (or syrup), into a shaker and shake well until joint. You can also use a blender to blend ingredients together.
2. Insert popping pearls into bottom of serving glass then add ice on top.
3. Pour in the milk tea and insert a boba straw to enjoy.
Matcha White Chocolate Cookies
Matcha has become popular, especially in bubble teas and coffees. Social media has made this unique flavor a trend by showing it being immersed in almost everything from pastries to beverages. If you’re a matcha and white chocolate lover, these cookies are perfect for you.
• 2 tsp Tea Zone Matcha Green Tea Powder
• ½ cup Unsalted butter
• ½ cup White sugar
• 1/3 cup Brown sugar
• 1 ¾ cup Flour
• ½ tsp Baking powder
• ½ tsp Baking soda
• 1 Large egg
• 1 Egg yolk
• 3 oz White chocolate chips (or chopped white chocolate pieces)
1. Heat unsalted butter in saucepan over medium heat until dark golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together matcha powder, flour, baking powder and baking soda.
3. Add brown and white sugar into cooled brown butter then add the egg and egg yolk and stir until mixed.
4. Combine wet mixture with the dry until blended then fold in white chocolate chips.
5. Once dough is formed, roll into even balls, and press down slightly to somewhat flatten. Chill in freezer for about 30 minutes before putting into oven.
6. Bake at 355F for 15 minutes. Take cookies out and let them cool before serving.
Dark Chocolate Mug Cake
Mug cakes can be eaten as a snack or a dessert after a meal. They are quick and convenient to make. They are also ideal for on-the-go purposes or if you have a hunger for cake and don’t want to turn on the oven. A dark chocolate mug cake offers a healthier choice to a regular chocolate cake.
• 16 oz Tea Zone Chocolate Powder
• 3 oz Flour
• ¼ tbsp Baking powder
• 1/8 tbsp Baking soda
• 3 oz Condensed milk
• 2 oz Melted butter
• 4 oz Milk of choice
• 3 Dark chocolate pieces
1. In a microwavable mug, add in chocolate powder, flour, baking powder and baking soda and sift.
2. Add in milk of choice, melted butter and condensed milk, and stir until mixed.
3. Toss in dark chocolate pieces.
4. Microwave at 850 watts for about 2 minutes.
5. Remove mug cake from microwave and dig in!
For all things chocolate, check out our catalog here.
Did you try the recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram and use #lollicuprecipe !
YouTube: Lollicup Store