Sickness may be inevitable, but its severity and duration can be alleviated with a nutritious diet. Consuming foods rich in natural immunity-boosting nutrients, such as those found in fruits and vegetables, can help combat colds and the flu. If you struggle to meet the recommended daily intake, we have some simple and delicious recipes that incorporate fruits and veggies into your diet. From warm teas to creamy smoothies, our list offers healthy treats that are easy to enjoy.
Immunity Boosting Recipes
#1 Golden Green Tea
This ginger lemon green tea recipe is a powerhouse of wellness, inspired by the popular ginger shot trend. Infused with green tea, ginger root, lemon, turmeric, and cayenne pepper, it provides a wealth of essential vitamins and minerals.
Green tea is rich in antioxidants, which have been linked to numerous health benefits. Ginger, long used in traditional medicine, has been shown to have anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving, and nausea-reducing effects. Lemons are a good source of Vitamin C, which plays a crucial role in supporting the immune system. Turmeric, commonly used in South Asian cuisine, is another powerful anti-inflammatory agent. And when combined with the other ingredients, cayenne pepper adds an extra boost of anti-inflammatory properties to this immunity-boosting recipe.
Drink this tea daily for natural immune system support.
• 16 oz Water
• 3 oz Tea Zone Green Tea Leaves
• 1 Lemon
• 1 chunk Fresh Ginger Root
• 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
• ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
1. Peel the ginger root and chop it into thin slices.
2. Cut lemon in half. Slice one half of the lemon.
3. In a saucepan, add in water, tea leaves, ginger, and lemon slices.
4. Bring to a boil then drop the heat to a simmer for 8-10 minutes (depending on preferred tea strength).
5. Turn off heat then strain out tea leaves, ginger, and lemon slices.
6. Stir in turmeric powder and cayenne pepper.
7. Serve with fresh squeezed lemon from the remaining lemon half.
#2 ABC Crusher
The ABC in ABC Crusher stands for Vitamin A, Beta carotene, and Vitamin C. This simple and fresh juice recipe is packed with vitamins and minerals that will boost and strengthen your immune system. Consuming essential nutrients in their raw form, such as those found in fruits and vegetables, is more beneficial than taking pill or powder supplements. For the best results, we recommend using freshly-juiced oranges and carrots.
For those who may be hesitant about trying carrot juice due to its strong taste, try adding a scoop of fruit-flavored yogurt jelly to mask the vegetable flavor and add some fun. This delicious and healthy drink is perfect for helping you achieve your health goals. So, grab a glass and start crushing your wellness targets!
1. In a blender, add orange juice, carrot juice, and spinach. Blend until spinach is well blended.
2. Put 1 scoop of lychee jelly in a tall serving glass, ice, then pour juice over.
#3 Very Berry Milk Tea
If you're a daily tea drinker, you're already taking advantage of the antioxidant benefits of black tea. To further boost your health, consider adding antioxidant-rich foods like blueberries to your diet. This berry-packed milk tea recipe is a fun twist on the traditional milk tea and you can even add tapioca pearls or crystal boba for a chewy texture.
This preparation uses non dairy creamer, but you can swap for milk if you prefer.
• 1 cup Tea Zone Brewed Black Tea
• 3 Lollicup Scoops Tea Zone Non-Dairy Creamer
• 1 tbs Turbinado sugar
• 1 tbs Dark brown sugar
• 1 oz hot water
• 1 oz cold water
• 1 cup Blueberries
1. In a blender, add cold water and blueberries. Blend until blueberries are well blended.
2. In a separate cup, combine non dairy creamer, turbinado sugar, dark brown sugar, and hot water. Stir to dilute all the ingredients.
3. Add ice to a serving glass then pour in black tea and non dairy creamer mixture.
4. Place a strainer over the serving glass then pour blueberries over to strain out any pieces.
5. Stir thoroughly. Enjoy!
#4 Antibiotic Acai Bowl
Start your day off on the right foot with a delicious and antioxidant-rich acai bowl breakfast. Acai bowls are made with real fruit to create a sweet and healthy treat. The recipe below recommends granola, blueberries, bananas, and chia seeds as toppings, but you can choose any fresh fruit, seeds, or grains to top your bowl. Mix things up by trying different combinations for a unique breakfast experience every day!
To achieve the thick consistency that is perfect for eating with a spoon, make sure to freeze the strawberries and bananas. The toppings do not need to be frozen.
1. Combine acai, milk, frozen banana and strawberries into a blender. Blend until smooth; if you have difficulty blending, add more milk.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with fresh blueberries, bananas, granola and chia seeds.
#5 ProB Fruit Smoothie
It's important to remember that not all bacteria are harmful. In fact, having plenty of beneficial bacteria, known as probiotics, in your system can promote good health. Probiotics can be found in products like yogurt and kefir, and can easily be incorporated into your diet by consuming a cup of yogurt or adding it to a smoothie.
This probiotic fruit smoothie may have a mild sweetness, so to add extra creaminess and a sweet banana flavor, consider adding a generous scoop of banana powder. Enjoy!
• ½ cup Milk
• 1/3 cup Plain Greek yogurt
• ½ cup Strawberries, frozen
• 1 Banana, frozen
• 3 oz Tea Zone Banana Powder
1. Together in a blender add all the ingredients. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a serving glass.
#6 Lemon Honey Water
Begin your day with this simple and nourishing recipe of lemon, honey, and water. Honey has long been recognized for its numerous health benefits, and lemon water also offers numerous benefits. Furthermore, studies have shown that drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning can jumpstart your metabolism. This recipe is a basic yet effective way to start your day.
Incorporate this drink into your morning routine for enhanced digestion and metabolism.
• 1 cup Hot water
• Juice from 1/3 lemon
• 1 tbs Raw honey
1. Stir in honey into hot water until it dilutes.
2. Squeeze in the lemon juice, but avoid seeds. Stir again.
With a focus on health and wellness, it is crucial to have a balanced diet. To reach your recommended daily intake of 5 to 7 servings of fruits and vegetables, try incorporating one or two of these recipes into your diet. Nutrient-rich foods are more effective in their natural form as opposed to supplements, so grab your blender and start making!
Did you try the recipe? Share your creation with us on Instagram and use #lollicuprecipe !
YouTube: Lollicup Store